Tuesday 28 June 2011

Hooked On Redmond Park!

Redmond Park has proven to be an attraction to all sorts over the years - rowdy late-night tipplers (now thankfully a much rarer beast!), frisbee throwers, skateboarders, ball players, boules players, fitness enthusiasts, and, of course, playground-bound children. However today I am delighted to add another activity to that list: fly-fishing! There they were, teacher and pupil. When I first saw them, from a distance, I thought they were endeavouring to get a kite off the ground. "Those guys have never flown a kite before," I was thinking as I strolled closer to get a better look. It was then I saw what they were at. There was no water - the pond is now nothing but a marsh - and there was definitely nothing nibbling! And yet the teacher cast and recast and drew back in, slowly, before casting again. Wonderful it was to watch. He was balletic in his movements. It was like Tai Chi for fishermen! And I'm hooked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment